Penetration Testing mailing list archives

VoIP

From: Stelios Tigkas <kuffya () gmail com>
Date: 8 Feb 2005 11:00:36 -0000

Hello there comrades,

I’m interested to familiarise with techniques, ideas and tools related to VoIP testing. This is a brand new area for
me, and my short research yielded only a couple of tools such as VOMIT and VoIPong.
As a matter of fact, I’m not sure which should be the ‘scope’ of a comprehensive VoIP test, and have not come across
any methodologies of this type.
Assume that an ISDN / VoIP router is configured to deny incoming connections form arbitrary telephone numbers. I would
be particularly interested to see if there is a possibility of bypassing such defence mechanisms, perhaps by disguising
into a ‘trusted’ telephone number, or by other means.
I’d be very glad to receive feedback/ideas on these issues

Thanks,
Stelios.