Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Pen-test pricing

From: Adam Chesnutt <icetre () digitalfreezer net>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 14:06:50 -0500

Andre,

I can tell you that I work for a fortune 500 company that does these type of engagements, and I recently performed such an engagement, resulting in a month-long survey of more than 1000 systems.

This particular engagement was performed for a large manufacturer with a very large exposed Internet presence.

My company charged a fixed price of $100,000 for this, and this isn't an uncommon price.

This was literally just for the Pen-test and not for anything other than a suggestion of a solution.

I hope this helps,

Adam

Andre Derek Protas wrote:

Does anyone have any good figures on pricing for pen-tests? Is charging done per server, location, or hour? Any help would be appreciated.

::andre::