Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Scan virtual hosts

From: Jayson Anderson <sonick () sonick com>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 12:36:51 -0700

I'm not aware of any such software. Barring a misconfiguration or
vulnerability in the webserver I would think it nearly impossible to do.
The only thing that even provides a tiny little sliver of hope is to do
a domain-xfer, but that's still only good for one domain, one tier; even
IF you were able to perform a domain-xfer which is not very likely (at
least in comparison to days gone by).

I'd be very interested in such a utility if it were to exist, though I'd
be more surprised that it exists, period.. could always do a dictionary
attack, at least the TLD is only 50 positions or whatever the count is
these days :)

Jayson