Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: listing directory structure within webserver root

From: Jose Maria Lopez <jkerouac () eresmas com>
Date: 31 Aug 2004 21:52:11 +0200

El lun, 30 de 08 de 2004 a las 11:36, Sasa Jusic escribió:
You can also try the HTTrack tool (http://www.httrack.com/). It is free
and available for Windows and Unix platforms.

"It allows you to download a World Wide Web site from the Internet to a
local directory, BUILDING RECURSIVELY ALL DIRECTORIES, getting HTML,
images, and other files from the server to your computer. HTTrack
arranges the original site's relative link-structure. Simply open a page
of the "mirrored" website in your browser, and you can browse the site
from link to link, as if you were viewing it online. HTTrack can also
update an existing mirrored site, and resume interrupted downloads.
HTTrack is fully configurable, and has an integrated help system.

Cheers,

Sasa.

It seems quite interesting, but my question is: can it do it's work
without knowing the starting URLs? I find it easy to mirror a site if
I know the starting URLs, but the real question is doing it without
knowing the starting URLs.

--
Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
Director Tecnico de bgSEC

like fabulous yellow Roman candles.
                -- Jack Kerouac, "On the Road"

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. All of our class sizes are
guaranteed to be 12 students or less to facilitate one-on-one interaction
with one of our expert instructors. Check out our Advanced Hacking course,
learn to write exploits and attack security infrastructure. Attend a course
taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field pen testing
experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills of an
Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.

http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html