Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Nessus question

From: "xyberpix" <xyberpix () xyberpix com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 08:41:48 +0100 (BST)

Do the boxes that you're scanning have IP filtering setup on them, this
may be why? Also, if you run nmap -v -v -sS -o -P0 <ip_addy> against them,
what do you get?

xyberpix

On Thu, 21 October, 2004 6:29 pm, Dan Tesch said:
I have been running some scans on a net that has several boxes running
MS TermServ - I can connect to them and I know 3389 is open but Nessus
isn't seeing it - When I look in the Configure services it shows 3389
listed.

Anyone seen this?  Where else can I look in Nessus settings?

Thanks

Internet Security Systems. - Keeping You Ahead of the Threat

When business losses are measured in seconds, Internet threats must be
stopped before they impact your network. To learn how Internet Security
Systems keeps organizations ahead of the threat with preemptive intrusion
prevention, download the new whitepaper, Defining the Rules of Preemptive
Protection, and end your reliance on reactive security technology.

http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/ISS_pen-test_041001

--
For security and Opensource news check out:
http://xyberpix.demon.co.uk