Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [hackers-se] Proxy that can manage session cookies?

From: "Kristian Franzen" <krfr () balsna mine nu>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 08:27:46 +0100 (CET)

Rickard,

I'm not sure if youre looking for a client side proxy, such as achilles or
paros to aid your tests, or a regular server based one. The new MS ISA
2004 is one example of a server based proxy that manage cookie
authentication thtough what MS calls 'forms authentication'. Though, as
mentioned, I'm not sure if that was the question or not.

/Kristian

Hi All!

Do any of you know of a proxy that can manage cookie based
authentication in webapps?

I going to test a webapp that when authenticated the user get a session
cookie. If the users make an invalid request (URLs that don’t exists
etc), the cookie goes bad and the user has to reauthenticate again.

So I need a proxy that could check that the cookie is ok, otherwise
re-authenticate, for every request otherwise it would take ages to test
this app.

Cheers

Rikard