Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Bluetooth, IR and wireless input device testing. (U)

From: "Andrew A. Vladimirov" <mlists () arhont com>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 01:10:46 +0100

Mike.Ruscher () CSE-CST GC CA wrote:
Classification: UNCLASSIFIED

Here is a list of some BT tools...

http://www.palowireless.com/bluearticles/Bluetoothanalyzercompare1.asp

If you just need a layer 2 protocol analyzer for Bluetooth and IRDa, use hcidump and irdadump. That would save you a lot of cash otherwise spent on fluffy commercial sniffers. Hciping and irdaping also come handy. For 802.11, use a client card in RFMON mode and tcpdump/ethereal/tethereal. See our list of tools at www.wi-foo.com if you need more than that. While we don't include any warnibbling or IRDa attack tools on the site, we do describe them in the 1st chapter of the book.

Cheers,

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew A. Vladimirov
CISSP #34081, CWNA, CCNP/CCDP, TIA Linux+

Web: http://www.arhont.com
     http://www.wi-foo.com
Tel: +44 (0)870 44 31337
Fax: +44 (0)117 969 0141