Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Pen-tester's analysis of .NET security?

From: "Lachniet, Mark" <mlachniet () sequoianet com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 09:23:11 -0500

Actually, I believe .NET does convert the naughty strings to safe
representations that are not interpreted as HTML by the browser, in the
body anyway...

However, it does *not* do this in the headers - esp. the "Location:"
header.  But how difficult is this to exploit in the real world?

Mark Lachniet