Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: [ok] Wireless pentesting requirements

From: "Curt Purdy" <purdy () tecman com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 11:30:02 -0500

mak_pen () hotmail com wrote:
In an attempt to investigate the wlan in terms of
pen-testing, i am wondering what is the best antenna one
would need and the best (in terms of wireless pen testing
needs) wireless card around?  Thanks everyone

My preference as a relatively mobile antenna is a yagi as it is light and
has good directional reach.  For wi-fi card, I like the Orinoco gold, b g a
and "fast a" so you can cover the whole spectrum.

Curt Purdy CISSP, GSEC, MCSE+I, CNE, CCDA
Information Security Engineer
DP Solutions

If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked.
What's more, you deserve to be hacked.
-- White House cybersecurity adviser Richard Clarke