Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Multiple IP on the same server howo to idenfity

From: NetExpress <NetExpress () infogroup it>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 12:12:38 +0200

Hi, the problem is, if I am doing a penetration test from internte to many servers, probably there should be some IP ont the same server o network adapter like load balancer. In a report, and to avoid false positive, should be usefull to identify which IPs are on the same server, but how? If I should be in the internal network I am testing I'll use arp to find the MAC address of each IP and I should have solved, but from Internet I cannot use arp.

From Internet I could use the banner, but this is not sure, I could have more then one application server on the same server with n-IP on application server A and m-IP on the application server B getting the banner should not be the right choise especialy with proxy.

Any idea?

Thanks

Alessandro Fiorenzi