Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Starting up: What contracts, agreements, waivers, etc do you use?

From: bartholomewbj () comcast net
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 10:54:45 +0000

I would definitely go with the standard NDAs and the liability statements.  One thing I personally would do, and I
suggest everyone who is venturing out on their own do as well, is to consult a lawyer who has done this for other
companies in the past.  Sit down with them, go through everything you/your company expect to do, and have them draft up
the leagl papers/binders for you.

Once this is done for the first time, you will always have them for future use.  There are a lot of things out there
that people don't think of (i.e. - loopholes, laws, etc.), and a lawyer is just the person who would know them.

I also suggest keeping a legal representation handy in the case of something going wrong.  Not a bad idea, and it
really costs next to nothing unless you use them.

Good luck on your venture.  The hardest part IMHO is finding the clients.