Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: SQL-Injection escape ')'

From: Strcpy <elite_netbios () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 02:19:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Tyler

no , the system tables are not same .
for example "sysobjects" in MS-SQL is equal to
"Msysobjects" in MS-Access .
but here it`s not our case . cus I`m in trouble to
find the entry point .

--- Tyler Durden <fadingreality414 () yahoo com> wrote:
I'm most likely wrong, but does MS Access Databases
use the same syntax as SQL databases do?

I'd look into that.

--Oedipus

--- Strcpy <elite_netbios () yahoo com> wrote:
Hi list .

I`m working on a web-application for vulnerability
assesments in order to complete a pen-test job.

there is a vulnerable query there but I can`t
escape
it ad use it to go farther .
the page script add a ')' to end of query string
always.
I tried to pass it by useing # or -- or ')'=')' at
the
end of my query strings , but non worked :/

here is an example :
i sent this :
A') select name from sysobjects where xtype='U'--

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax
error. in query e
xpression 'city_name='Tehran' and
(agency_english ='A') select name from sysobjects
where xtype='U'--')'

would you mind please help me ?

[sorry for poor English]

thnq all

Yahoo! Mail - 50x more storage than other
providers!
http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail