Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: running L0phtcrack under wine

From: "Golombek Kamil | BDO IT a.s." <kamil.golombek () bdo-it com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 11:13:15 +0100

Hi fr0stman,

do you mean password cracking or capturing capability? In fact I use
L0phtcrack under VMWare sometimes (usually not for cracking - it doesn't
use the full power of a machine). For password capturing it's possible
in VMWare to force network card into promisc mode so why not.

So it's not WINE but a different emulation of OS. I don't know if it
helps. Where you see the problem?

kg