Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: How to pick the right company for penetration testing?

From: "Nexus" <nexus () patrol i-way co uk>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 00:08:19 -0000

[extensive CC'ing elided]

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tinus Janse van Rensburg" <tinus.janse () namitech com>

We have used Qualys now for a few clients and it is great. Scanning large
Ip ranges and retrieving the results in minutes is great. It also eliminates
some false positives

I'd like to meet this product in my test lab - no offence, but playing a
poor form of devil's advocate when confronted with an 'off the shelf'
solution, what's the followup on the automated test reporting nothing at all
?   Is it a 'you are safe <check box>' or something else ?

Cheers.