Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Firewall Netscreen 10 - URGENTLY

From: "Bojan Zdrnja" <Bojan.Zdrnja () LSS hr>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 15:16:07 +1300

Hi Ricardo,

-----Original Message-----
From: Ricardo [mailto:skydiver () dialdata com br]
Sent: Monday, 23 February 2004 10:12 a.m.
To: pen-test () securityfocus com
Subject: Firewall Netscreen 10 - URGENTLY

Dear Colleagues,

I am really needing your help.

I`m in a position of not having the password for one of our critical
netscreen 10 firewall.  Does anyone know
of a way to obtain the password? Wiping the configuration
completely is
not an option. I can also connect via a console cable if necessary.

Any assistance will *greatly* appreciated!

I don't think you'll be lucky with this.

As far as I know, you can only reset whole Netscreen to the factory default,
therefore loosing whole configuration.
There is also a caveat. Asset recovery is available only if your Netscreen
has ScreenOS 2.6.1 or higher and it is possible to disable that (unset admin
hw-reset). In that case you'll have to send box to Netscreen.

You can read more information about this at:

http://services.netscreen.com/eserverweb/esupport_customer/consumer/esupport
.asp?id=nskb1836

Cheers,

Bojan

Free trial: Astaro Security Linux -- firewall with Spam/Virus Protection

Protect your network with the comprehensive security solution that
integrates six applications for ease of use and lower TCO.

Firewall - Virus protection - Spam protection - URL blocking - VPN
- Wireless security.

Download 30-day evaluation at:
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/Astaro_pen-test_040219