Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Which software requires the Messenger Service?

From: "wirepair" <wirepair () roguemail net>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 07:02:34 -0800

lo all,
I would like to compile a list of software which relies on the Messenger Service for inter process communication. I
believe
some backup software packages due but i'm not entirely positive. Has anyone ever shut the service off and had other
services
complain? Thanks a lot for your input and if I get enough I will post a list of the packages on my site sh0dan.org.
Thank you,
-wire
--
Visit Things From Another World for the best
comics, movies, toys, collectibles and more.