Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Wireless SSID discovery

From: Aaron Drew <amd () internode on net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 09:47:09 +1100

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned void11.

This tool works with prism2 cards and injects a spoofed deauthentication
message from the AP to the client. This forces the client to reconnect. If
you have 2 cards or 2 laptops, you can deauthenticate with one and listen for
the SSID with kismet on another.