Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Laptop Considerations

From: Volker Kindermann <ml () ps102 de>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 11:42:21 +0100

Hi David,

I am about to be purchasing a laptop and I was wanting the advice of the
list.

just some issues and experiences:

- most new laptops don't have a serial port these days. You may circumvent this with usb-to-serial adapters (just in case the missing serial port would you prevent from some machine).

- I have very good experiences with IBM Laptops (X-Series and T-Series). They run very good with FreeBSD and Linux, are mechanically stable, have good support (if you need it) and the keyboard is what I like.

 -volker