Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Client/Server application that does not authenticate users

From: "Dinis Cruz" <dinis () ddplus net>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 00:29:08 +0100

I knew of an web app that got the username for the user variable "Username"

Guess what would happen in you typed in the client workstation "Set
Username=Admin" :)

For guidelines check out the OWASP documents: Top 10
(http://www.owasp.org/documentation/topten.html), Testing guide
(http://www.owasp.org/documentation/testing.html), the ISO 17799 Project
(http://www.owasp.org/standards/iso17799.html) and the app sec FAQ
(http://www.owasp.org/documentation/faq.html)