Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Brute-forcing Dial-up password after war-dial

From: noconflic <nocon () texas-shooters com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 14:11:45 -0500

[m.sidagni () verizon net] Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 03:55:02PM -0000 wrote:

After a war dial, I obtained a list of phone numbers that responded with a carrier (PPP or other). Is there a free
tool out there that bruteforce Dial-up ID and passwords on the numbers identified by the war dial? I know that
PhoneSweep does that, but is there a workaround / free program to do that?

Thanks

Mike

  Just of the top of my head.

  If you have a linux box with PPP set up on it you could just write a simple
  script that modifies the ppp-on scripts $ACCOUNT & $PASSWORD pairs from a
  text file(s) containing usernames and passwords. I am sure there are programs
  out there, but i didn't really look very hard either. :)

  Hope this helps

- nocon