Penetration Testing mailing list archives

General stress tool for SMTP

From: "Golombek Kamil | BDO IT a.s." <kamil.golombek () bdo-it com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 09:37:53 +0200

Hello folks,

I would like to ask you if there is any tool which can try to find
problems in general SMTP service. I'm currently pentesting a company,
where they have a XWall product (SPAM blocking etc). I wasn't able to
find any known vulnerabilities or exploits for it. It's not the only
possible way into IS of this organization, but I would like to test most
of the possible access points. I know some tools for finding buffer
overflows in web servers so I wander, if something for SMTP service
exist.
I tested against my XWall test server Nessus SMTP plugins, SMTPSCAN,
SMTPMAP etc., but with no better results (just to be sure, that general
things, which works in sendmail e.g. have some effect here).  Is this
product so good or just not very spread so not very many people try to
find holes in it?

Thank you in advance for some advice

Kamil Golombek

Tired of constantly searching the web for the latest exploits?
Tired of using 300 different tools to do one job?
Get CORE IMPACT and get some rest.
www.coresecurity.com/promos/sf_ept2