Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Tool to verify packet level responses

From: "R. DuFresne" <dufresne () sysinfo com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 19:03:06 -0400 (EDT)

        [SNIP]

IP Stack Integrity Checker (IP sc, TCP sic, UDP sic)
http://www.packetfactory.net/projects/ISIC/

I'm not familiar with nemisis, but, be wary of isic, especially in a
production env, it tends to kill tcp/ip stacks and plain make a system go
bonkers if allowed to run 'fullblown'.  Tame it, tone it down to minimums,
and keep it under control.

The Nemesis Project
http://www.packetfactory.net/Projects/nemesis/

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne
--
        admin & senior security consultant:  sysinfo.com

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
                -- Johnny Hart

testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!