Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Reporting aspect of pen-testing

From: TJ O'Grady <tjogrady () flyingwithouta net>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 08:08:12 -0500

Hi folks,

I am putting together a pen testing proposal as part of my final Master's project. If it's good enough, it will lead to a full pen test of a real network. This list has been very helpful with the technology background, but the part I am stuck on right now is the reporting piece. When a pen-test is complete, what do you include in the report? How do you structure the information for business contacts, I imagine raw data is often not helpful in many cases. Any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
TJ