Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: z/OS, OS/390 Pen testing tips/ideas/papers?

From: "Rainer Duffner" <rainer () ultra-secure de>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 14:57:24 +0100

Nick Jacobsen writes:
Hi all,
One of my clients has an IBM OS/390 running on one of their networks I am doing some security testing on, and considering I really have not dealt with any IBM mainframes before when it comes to security, I was hoping that some of you might be able to point me the right direction. Anything would be helpful, but especially from a penetration viewpoint.

Are you attacking from internal or external ?
From internal, you first need a 3270-capable telnet-emulation, like x3270.

Then, go back in the archives to June or so, where I posed the same question and got some default-passwords, which you can try.

Rainer
--
Rainer Duffner                   Munich
rainer () ultra-secure de          Germany

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/