Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Online Scanning Services Vrs. Stand Alone Applications

From: "Fernando Martins" <fernando.martins () esoterica pt>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 06:36:54 -0000

This is not an article, but a hint
http://www.netcraft.com/security/compare.html

FM

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alfred Huger" <ah () securityfocus com>
To: <pen-test () securityfocus com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 9:06 PM
Subject: Online Scanning Services Vrs. Stand Alone Applications

Hey all,

I have a question, which is two fold. First can anyone point me to
comparison articles of online scanners (such as Foundstone) vrs.
standalone applications such as ISS? I am looking for technical
comparisons not a treatise on the benefits of someone managing your
scanning for you or not.

The second part of the question is, are their any technical advantages
between the two setups? I understand this overlaps with the first question
but I ask this after having searched for good writeups and came out with
very little.

-al

Alfred Huger
Symantec Corp.

--
<Pre>Do you know the base address of the Global Offset Table (GOT) on a
Solaris 8 box?