Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Reporting aspect of pen-testing

From: riptide () idle curiosity org
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 01:37:32 -0600 (CST)

TJ,

I would recommend the following outline
        a short executive summary listing the date of the pen-test
(assessment) and report summary.  Including items such as the top
findings, and any reactive actions taken.
Executive Summary
Introduction
        scope
        methodology
        overall assumptions
The strategic findings and recommendations
The tactical findings and recommendations

Its great to list all finding and list them in order from highest to
lowest risk of exploitation.

R - T