Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: IP Range

From: Earl Robinson <earlrob () usa net>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 22:41:35 -0400

Sure,

you can use whois, etc to get info about what netblocks are listed for a company. But, I'd be a little cautious about how you use the information you get. I'd be sure to verify with the client what you've found, and make sure they sign off on the testing of those netblocks.

You don't want to miss any part of their internet presence, or perform the testing on somebody elses network.
Remember, h^Hcracking is illegal ;-)

-earl

John Madden wrote:
Hello,

Where just about to begin a pentest engagement and the
client wants us to know if we can find out how many IP
blocks they have. Is there a way to find out all the
IP blocks of a company ? You've got the usual e-mail
domain name to find at least one but what if they have
2,3 + IP blocks ?

Any ideas ?

thanks
http://finance.yahoo.com

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/