Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: TCP Port 3600

From: Muhammad Faisal Rauf Danka <mfrd () attitudex com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 21:22:46 -0700 (PDT)

It's just wild guess but could be a so let it be,
It could be a SAP R/3 system.
It's application server listens on a port 3200 to 3299, while the message server listens in the range port 3600 to 3699.

Regards
--------
Muhammad Faisal Rauf Danka

Head of GemSEC / Chief Technology Officer
Gem Internet Services (Pvt) Ltd.
web: www.gem.net.pk
Key Id: 0x784B0202
Key Fingerprint: 6F8C EDCF 6C6E 06A5 48D7  6A20 C592 484B
784B 0202

--- Rob Pope <rob.pope () moloka co uk> wrote:

HI,

I'm pen-testing a unix host which OS detection determines as Linux 2.4.x
kernel.

I have TCP port 3600 open and am trying to identify the service behind it.
Common port lists are a bit ambiguous

When I NetCat to it I get the return:

ERROR=400 Errmsg="Command should be specified"

Any Ideas please?

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/

[ATTITUDEX.COM]
http://www.attitudex.com/

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you () yourchoice com w/No Ads, 6MB, POP & more!
http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag