Penetration Testing mailing list archives

NFS on 2049

From: Gilles LAMI <gilles.lami () hays-dsia fr>
Date: 17 Oct 2002 09:46:56 -0000

Hello Pen-testers !

I am conducting a pen-test against a Unix machine. Port 111 is firewalled
(tcp and udp) but not port 2049 tcp (I know, it is strange...)
By another way, I confirmed that this was a NFS server on this port.
I looked for a way to get informations to exploit it, directly on the 2049
door but without success ( because of the closed portmap port. )

Any ideas ?
thanks by advance

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/