Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Scanners and unpublished vulnerabilities - Full Disclosure

From: Brad Mills <millsmiami () usa net>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 12:33:02 EDT

It won't make any difference whatsoever. It's time to realize that 'we'
don't make any difference.

Vendors still don't react to problems, silly bugs are still present in
software, admins still don't patch/upgrade, users still click on
attachments and download screen savers.

 Hmmm, unless I missed something, it was lists like this that generated
the recent Best-Buy wireless energy, which resulted in sub-actions,
eventually causing the company to stop and re-evaluate things.

 As for sh*t software, vendors, typical end-users, etc., it will take
time, but if the catalyst weakens now, energy expended is lost. I say
continue the march.

 just my .02,
 /b

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/