Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: gotomypc

From: "R. DuFresne" <dufresne () sysinfo com>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 16:24:11 -0500 (EST)

You audit on two fronts, look at the systems for the controling
application<s> required to use it and you look for connections to their
server<s>:

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    www.gotomypc.com
Address:  63.251.224.169

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    gotomypc.com
Address:  63.251.224.169

And if one wants to be a tad more careful in what they block perhaps a
whole class C:

[jengate.thur.de]
Process query: '63.251.224.169'
Query recognized as IP.
Querying whois.arin.net:43 with whois.

InterNAP Network Services (NETBLK-NETBLK-PNAP-11-99) NETBLK-PNAP-11-99
                                                   63.251.0.0 -
63.251.255.255
Expertcity.com (NETBLK-PNAP-SFJ-EXPERT-RM-01) PNAP-SFJ-EXPERT-RM-01
                                                 63.251.224.0 -
63.251.224.255

Admittedly I have not investigated any more then a mild look to determine
if all their server<s> are contained within this netblock.  But, this is
not unmanageable.  And certainly should be covered in the security policy
and the corporate AUP.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne