Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Modem detection in a LAN

From: "Sawyer, John H." <JSawyer () mail ifas ufl edu>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 14:05:04 -0500

Check out Mdmchk.pl from Carvdawg.  It currently checks NT machines but can
probably be modified to check *nix machines.  Personally, I don't know how
to check a *nix box remotely for a modem.  This should be a good starting
place.

http://patriot.net/~carvdawg/perl.html

Mdmchk.pl
This script checks remote NT machines for the existence of a modem driver.
This is particularly useful in determining if a workstation has a modem
installed.

-jhs

John H. Sawyer
University of Florida