Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Cisco 2501 Router

From: Matt Selsky <selsky () columbia edu>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 02:27:00 -0500

      I am in the unfortunate (some would say careless) position of not having
the password for one of our critical Cisco 2501 Routers.  Does anyone know
of a way to obtain the password? Wiping the configuration completely is
not an option. I have SNMP access to the device, and can also connect via
a console cable if necessary.

Check out http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/474/pswdrec_2500.html for
help with the 2501.  For password recovery on other Cisco products
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/474/

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/