Penetration Testing mailing list archives

pen-test environment

From: "Carl Bysen" <crbyme () writeme com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 21:27:33 +0800

Hi,

doing quite a few pen tests these days, I've setup an environment for doing basic steps. Most often one gets a domain
or a range of ip addresses (phone numbers) to pen test. Based on that some basic steps are done using decent tools like
nessus, nmap, nsat, whisker, websleuth ....

Now I am wondering wheather there's already a open source pen-test environment which includes those steps and uses as
backend system above scanners. Included should be some reporting mechanism which categorizes found vulns (low, middle,
high risk), includes separating by scan dates, has a LaTeX/ DocBook, HTML/XML output support.

Maybe someone else has quite a few ideas, like building a whole linux distri which is just used for that.

Thanks for any comment.

Carl Bysen
--

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/