Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Auditing boxes with predictable IP Sqeuence(s)

From: "The Blueberry" <acr872k () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 22:49:16 +0000

Since nmap recognizes a lot of routers and switches it is probably or an exotic router, a vpn or a printer. (I recently came up at a bunch of HP printers not recognized by nmap...) But I'm not aware of canned scripts/exploits to exploit TCP sequence numbers vulnerability but I don't think it would be of much resort for you apart if there are servers denying service to external networks...

And it could be of some help if you used SolarWinds's scanner to find SNMP daemons running, I already came up across an entire company's B network with _all_ ciscos snmp and tftp enabled... :p

Hope my post was helpful!