Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Dialup Banner Database?

From: Stephan Barnes <stephan.barnes () foundstone com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 15:45:19 -0800

Check the LHF seciton at www.m4phr1k.com ;>

Stephan Barnes
stephan.barnes () foundstone com

-----Original Message-----
From: Karyn [mailto:karyn () sandstorm net]
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2002 11:47 AM
To: bluefur0r bluefur0r
Cc: pen-test () securityfocus com; support () sandstorm net
Subject: Re: Dialup Banner Database?

Hi,

PhoneSweep does not have a database of dialup banner system types.  The
information PhoneSweep uses to determine which system out of the 364 we
know about is considered company confidential information, and is coded
directly into the application.

This is the sort of information discussed on the phonescan mailing list.
It's open to anyone who does any kinds of wardialing, not merely those who
use PhoneSweep. See:

If you're using PhoneSweep, send mail to support () sandstorm net and we can
try to help you determine the type of system you've found.  If you're not
using PhoneSweep, I'm sure others on the Phonescan list can help you
find your answer.

Karyn Pichnarczyk
Sandstorm Enterprises, Inc.

bluefur0r bluefur0r wrote:

Ello all,
I was just curious if anyone has or knows where I can acquire a
database full of dialup banner system types. I'm in the middle of an
audit and I came across a system with a pretty generic banner. I
searched online and only came up with scanning lists done by hacker
groups. If anyone has such a database please let me know as it would
help me greatly testing the default passwords. I'm sure phonesweep has
something like this _somewhere_ in it's directory. Thanks again, blue.

Kies een origineel e-mailadres op www.emails.nl

------
This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert
(SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please
see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/