Penetration Testing mailing list archives

arpspoofing

From: "Erlend J. Leiknes" <nookie () online no>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 20:00:44 +0100

Im testing a network for clear-text password leakage. (Unencrypted
protocols)
Since its a switched enviorment I have to arpspoof or macflood.
Macflooding had no success, shouldnt the switches be degraded to hubs when
their mac-tables get filled?

And when I arpspoof using the redirecting data from the gateway to the
laptop, pings wont get through, and i sent some clear text on purpose from
machines that had gotten their arp table poisoned. Still it seemed like it
didnt work too well.

The question is:

if arp -a (on windows 98) shows:
Interface: x.x.x.204 --- 0x2
  Internet Address      Physical Address      Type
  x.x.x.1           00-10-14-26-60-38     dynamic
  x.x.x.5           00-50-da-37-93-5b     dynamic
  x.x.x.6           00-50-da-37-93-5b     dynamic

who will recive the packages. 5, 6 or both?

Any other ways to sniff in a switched enviorment?

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/