Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Looks like a Borderware firewall

From: "The Blueberry" <acr872k () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 18:52:35 +0000

But as we are on the subject, does anyone knows what is used as credentials for the Checkpoint? Are there default passwords? I did not found them in my default password lists...

Not that I know of. Which Checkpoint? You didn't talk of any.

LOL! Looks like I was *a bit* tired at that point.. anyway.. I tried the BWClient utility and realized that it sent POSTs requests while communicating with the firewall.. I think I will brute force the password but for this I must reproduce the behavior of BWClient. I know that he sends out the password ("password" in this case, but for the same password it changes each time) in this format:

QOs_9OGelB05RYaW8fo70TsO7ZH5r5uHZuKdAml3BlLU1ps4Cp0g6SFV.pGLVqEN

Anyone recognizes the hashing algorithm used? I searched the borderware site to no avail.. They only say that the entire session can be encrypted through ssl on port 442.. Even BWClient.exe's disassembly gave no (apparent) clues.

--TB

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/