Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Using a Stand-Alone Network Printer as a network attack entry point?

From: "Nick Jacobsen" <nick () ethicsdesign com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 13:01:50 -0700

gar...  I missed BOTH defcon 10 and BHB this year...  anyway, Regarding
changing the ROM, I was refering to using TFTP to lead a new Flash ROM,
which can be done remotely...  And Ron, am I understanding you to say that
JetDirect have telnet functionality built in?  Also, apoligies for thinking
this might be an original idea...  I really had never heard of it being done
to any stand alone printers...

Nick Jacobsen
ethics () netzero net