Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Digital UNIX 5.60 recourses

From: Alex Balayan <balayan () bigpond net au>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 22:00:30 +0800

Hi all,

I am conducting a penetration tests for a client running a cluster of Digital UNIX 5.60. All the server are exposed to the Internet.

Below is an output of a nmap scan.

Starting nmap V. 3.00 ( www.insecure.org/nmap/ )
Interesting ports on client.digital.unix.com(XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX):
(The 1579 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
Port       State       Service
21/tcp     open        ftp
23/tcp     open        telnet
25/tcp     open        smtp
53/tcp     open        domain
80/tcp     open        http
110/tcp    open        pop-3
111/tcp    open        sunrpc
139/tcp    filtered    netbios-ssn
143/tcp    open        imap2
436/tcp    open        dna-cml
513/tcp    open        login
514/tcp    open        shell
515/tcp    open        printer
587/tcp    open        submission
1024/tcp   open        kdm
1025/tcp   open        NFS-or-IIS
1026/tcp   open        LSA-or-nterm
1027/tcp   open        IIS
1029/tcp   open        ms-lsa
6000/tcp   open        X11
6112/tcp   open        dtspc
8081/tcp   open        blackice-icecap

Disregard the netbios filter as that is filtered on the upstream router .

I would appreciate is someone can provide any resource for exploitation techniques for Digital UNIX systems.

Thanks in advance.

PS. I have tried the usual password guessing for telnet and ftp

Regards,

Alex

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/