Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: SQL injection

From: SQL injector <sql_injector () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 18:22:43 -0700 (PDT)

That is the statement I assumed. I still receive a
syntax error. It seems to me it is due to a strange
join (thanks beth). I wanted to post to see if anyone
had any advanced ideas on syntax....

Also I read the ngssoftware paper. I really enjoyed
it. There is another paper I found by Kevin Spett @
SPI Dynamics that is good as well.

S_I

--- alex () geoquark com wrote:
From the following:
vulnerable.asp?g=1;

Error Type:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers
(0x80040E14)
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL
Server]Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'order'.

you can assume that the sql statement is of the
form: (nice and generic)

select A from B where C order by D

you are inseting into C in this example. what you
need to do is provide
something like:

g=1; select * from sysobjects--

note the single line comment at the end (--), this
is necessary to prevent
the "order" clause being executed out of context in
our inserted query.

There were some good papers on this... can only
remember
www.ngssoftware.com off the top of my head.