Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: webstar servers and macintosh

From: Tom Vandepoel <tom.vandepoel () ubizen com>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 09:52:46 +0200

"Shea, Tim" wrote:

Hello,

 We are doing a pen-test for a small firm running WebSTAR 3.0.1 and Eudora
Internet Mail Server 3.0 ... Does anyone have any suggestions for these
services or general tips for pen-testing macintosh networks?

I had some success with the suburl /pi_admin.admin on a Webstar 4.2
once. That's an in-band administration inteface for webstar.

If it's not the same, skim through the docs for your webstar version and
you'll probably find something equivalent. Leaving in-band web admin
interfaces on is a common mistake.

Tom.

--
Tom Vandepoel                 Ubizen
Sr. Security Engineer         We Secure e-Business

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/