Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Server initiated remote shell

From: Ilici Ramirez <ilici_ramirez () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 07:23:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Lets suppose that I can execute a program on an inside
host on a network protected by a firewall. There is no
way in. But there is a way out to www browsing on port
80.

So the client could connect to any Internet address on
port 80. What program should it execute to provide me
with a shell? Of course I'm in Internet with a
listener. What listener?

The firewall is a real statefull firewall so no TCP
ACK or ICMP encapsulations.

Have a nice weekend too.

Ilici R

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/