Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: commandline port-scanner for NT ?

From: Nicolas Gregoire <nicolas.gregoire () 7thzone com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 16:21:25 +0200

We don't normally distribute binaries for support reasons (and because
it is still beta), but if you have a strong preference for binaries, I
have stashed some at
http://www.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-2.54BETA27-win32.zip .  Please
do not publicly redistribute or link to these BETA binaries.

Or is nmap + libnet installable without reboot ?
(can't test right now)

I've just download it and unpack on a win 98 box.
Trying "nmap -sS -O -v -v 192.168.2.141" and it works like a charm !!!
No reboot, no libnet, nothing ....
Just copy a bunch of files to the recently Unicode-hacked win boxes of
your customers and voila :)

And now, I can safely delete all the others Windows port-scanners in
order to keep only the best one : Nmap.

Thanks again Fyodor,
Nicob

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/