Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Problems on the DOS-Prompt

From: andreas junestam <andreas.junestam () defcom com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 09:54:30 +0200

Is the wokstation service running?

/andreas

Rainer Duffner wrote:

Hi,

I seem to habe problems with a netcat-bindshell on a plain-vanilla NT4SP6a.

I can execute some commands, but some fail.

E.g., I thought I could map drives with NET USE - but I only get some
4-digit error-code.
I can upload files, get the SAM via rdisk, restart IIS etc.

Even with hk.exe, NET USE fails. Is there an explanation ?

Thanks in advance,

Rainer
--
Rainer Duffner                   Munich
rainer () ultra-secure de          Germany

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/