Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: WLAN Security FAQ

From: "Lodin, Steven {GZ-Q~Mannheim}" <STEVEN.LODIN () Roche COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 08:46:33 +0200

Both HP and Dell have announced that their laptop lines will
start to carry

My Toshiba Tecra 8200 has the Orinoco Silver card built-in.

802.11b technology built into them.  With Windows XP adding
more native
support for 802.11b, it'll be interesting to see how the laptops are
configured by default.  Historically, the default would be
that the 802.11b
is enabled and running.  As part of dealing with all the
major security

I can't comment on the default issue.  The customized NT4 image delivered on my laptop had the WiFi card disabled by
default.  Enabling it under NT4 has caused me nothing but problems.  I've ordered another drive so that I can install
other OS's for booting into a penetration testing configuration.

Steve Lodin
Head of Global IT Security and Risk Management
Roche Diagnostics GmbH
(W) +49-621-759-5276
(M) +49-173-348-4974

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/