Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Firewalls & SSL

From: "Yoann Le Corvic" <Yoann.LeCorvic () linkvest com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 10:03:11 +0200

Hello
1)    How do I determine the router and firewall IPs and
type of firewalls/router used?

Have you tried the -O option of NMAP, that could at least give you a
guess of the OS on which the firewall is running, and at best, the type
of firewall

2)    How can I bypass the firewall to exploit the open
ports on the servers?
The only thing I can think of here is to use packet fragmentation. That
worked in the past, but more an more firewalls have fixed the problem

3)    How can I exploit secured (SSL) web server?

I would think the same way you would do a not secure one. For example,
you can still attempt unicode exploits, wether it is https or not, just
replace http by https. Unless they use authentication as well...

Appreciate any useful information from anyone out
there........

Thanks,
Niumal

=====
Niumal Weerasena
Mobile : +6 012 - 2112654
Email : niumal () yahoo com

NEW from Yahoo! GeoCities - quick and easy web site hosting,
just $8.95/month.
http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security
Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security
vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/