Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Securing VOIP?

From: "Jon O ." <jono () microshaft org>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 16:35:07 -0700

You should probably also consider the risks of sniffing as this tools shows:

http://vomit.xtdnet.nl/

The vomit utility converts a Cisco IP phone conversation into a wave file that can be played with ordinary sound
players. The phone conversation can either be played directly from the network or from a tcpdump output file. Vomit is
also capable of inserting wavefiles into ongoing telephone conversations. Vomit can be used as a network debugging
tool, a speaker phone, etc ...

http://vomit.xtdnet.nl/