Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Notes HTTP password (was: Re: wanted: a script to try dictionary attacks against NOTES ID files)

From: miguel.dilaj () pharma novartis com
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 15:31:33 -0300

Hello people

The discussion on Notes ID bring something to my mind.
Some time ago people of Trust Factory showed a tool named 'sesame' to brute
force/dictionary attack of hashed Notes HTTP passwords in a Black Hat
convention. The algorythm used is a variant of RSA MD4 (without salt, so
each password gives only 1 hash). People of Trust Factory didn't release
sesame to the public.
Is there any other tool to attack those passwords? I take into account the
fact that people tends to use the same password in many places, Notes HTTP
password, Notes login, net login, etc. All tools I know are able to attack
standard MD4 with salt, not the Notes variant.
Best regards,

Miguel Dilaj

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/